Friday, May 6, 2011

Spring Session 2011- Week Five

Love our Mothers

How can I thank you it seems impossible. Always searching for the right gift, the right memento, the right words, but they all seem to fail me. My gratitude doesn't even seem enough. I know I have put you through so much in my life, and it certainly hasn't always been easy. We made it through, nonetheless, maybe a bit more weathered, but your love stayed consistent. You call just to hear my voice. You help when I'm in need. Now that I'm a mother it certainly helps to understand, what you mean, and what it means to be a mother. The words I love you are just words, but they are words that mean more, they shelter, they heal, they fortify, they embrace, they strengthen, and they care. I love that you love me for who I am, and nothing less. Thank you for sharing with me what it is to be a mom, and thank you for bringing me into this world so I can experience how wonderful motherhood can be. I love being a mother, and you gave me that opportunity. As your child I feel that all I have done is take, but what I have taken from you is the best part of me. Mother's Day is celebrated only once a year, but I celebrate you everyday in all that I do and in my heart. When it comes down to it all I have are these words, but as they say words can be powerful.

Thank you and I love you.

What was that you say? Yes a bit sentimental, but it is true. I hope every Mother feels a sense of star power on her special day and everyday, because you deserve it. Bravo to you!!! Now on to what happened this week. Paper daisies, silhouette cards, and cameos are the projects for our beautiful moms. We started on this project a few weeks ago. We took profile pictures of all of the kids so we could get this done on time. The pictures were then outlined in Adobe Illustrator mostly to make it easier for the kids to understand what a profile is. We created the cameos with shrinkable film, and the children picked the ribbon they thought their mom would like best. They also outlined, and filled in their profile/silhouettes for their special mother's day card. Finally, we showed them how to make flowers that need no water (yeah!). All of the projects turned out beautifully, in my humble opinion.
















No comments:

Post a Comment