Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Postcard snowglobes & monogram keyfobs

It is still officially winter, and even though we live in California, I still wanted to somehow bring that experience into the class. It was also inspired by the Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, and might I say one of my favorite cities. So even though we don't have snow we thought we would bring the snow to the kids, or so called snow. Today, we made these kind of addictive snowglobe postcards. They were super fun to make and the kids did a great job creating. Though not everyone followed the "snow" theme, and you certainly don't need to, they all did very interesting cards. Below are some snapshots of some of the cards from kids, myself, and other teacher. We also did a fun painting project with wooden initials and circles that we turned into basically keychains that the kids could use for keys or put on their backpack. I also read them one of my favorite books called "Let's Do Nothing". A terrific book about imagination, and doing something. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment